How did this affect instructional design? Theories supporting self-paced, replicable instruction were out, collaborative learning was in, and the models of design for individualized learning materials were no longer seen as relevant – How people think affects how they act. However, nothing within an established program changes all that quickly. Instructional design had never really penetrated school instruction anyhow, and the legacy models still worked in many venues with clear learning outcomes. I am presently as a student of MIDT (Master of Instructional Design) that is considering how the Master’s program should be applicable on my work. On MIDT program I learned the models and some of the related theory, but the emphasis is on the practicum.
One of the benefits on the MIDT practicum, I have opportunity to undertake a professional practicum as my capstone experience. The practicum will allow as the MIDT student to apply and further develop the knowledge and skills I have acquired through the MIDT program. While practicum placements will be the student’s responsibility (with approval from the supervising faculty member), program faculty will make every reasonable effort to facilitate the practicum assignment and the student’s work during the practicum. Specific requirements of the program will be determined with staff within the placement setting, faculty members and the student, but will include in every case references to specific outcomes from prior MIDT classes.
At the end of the practical training, I will submit a course which will include:
- A print-based module
- The equivalent but which is web-based (hyperlinked media elements need to be sourced or created)
- Online Assessment items
- All the above uploaded in a website for easy access
- In the next section, I provide my work experience and knowledge in instructional design.
Work Experience and ID Strengths
I am work at the Centre (SEAMOLEC) with its main program is provide capacity building for educations institution on open and distance learning (ODL) development. One of the ODL program is module development and the Centre provide training/workshop of how to write the module and ICT utilization on learning. Sometimes the institutions also invite the Centre for the expert consultation on the module development. Actually they are very good on the contents writing.
But mostly are still like a book (in Bahasa is called “Buku Ajar”). So the modules are still need more for reading interaction, the use graphics/pictures, lay-outing (fonts, colors), and competences of tests/quizzes.
The last program is called HYLITE (Hybrid Learning for Indonesian Teachers). I am as a task force of the program. There were about more than twenty modules development project (three batches) since 2007. The modules are still going to improve as the instructional design standard. We also invite the experts from World Bank to review the modules. Now, I am and the HYLITE team is working to facilitate the writers on the revising ad finalization the modules.
As specified in the OUM Course Document the following are the objectives and expected deliverables to OUM. As such I hope to acquire the following:
- Apply my ID knowledge on the use my knowledge learned in the MIDT courses to: improve the instructional processes, review the module, and improve the module
- Learn more about ID as applied in an organization
- Enhance my ID Skills
- Use the latest Technology to produce a better product
On the MIDT practicum I found what I need, able to talk, think and gain indentify like as instructional designer, and have the validation of knowledge.
- The original file of Unit-1: the original module
- The revise file of Unit-1 (my projects): the revise module
- The original file of Unit-2: the original module
- The revise file of Unit-2 (my projects): the revise module
- The original file of Unit-3: the original module
- The revise file of Unit-3 (my projects): the revise module
- The original file of Unit-4: the original module
- The revise file of Unit-4 (my projects): the revise module
- The original file of Unit-5: the original module
- The revise file of Unit-5 (my projects): the revise module
- The original file of Unit-6: the original module
- The revise file of Unit-6 (my projects): the revise module
- The profile of CIDT and Meteor: department, staff, program, job description, working experiences, and products
- The process and procedures of instructional design development, instructional materials development, instructional materials packaging, the training workshop and internship program of ID, and evaluation system
- "Touch and go" for the products on some media delivery systems: CD-ROM, i-Tutorial, Learning Object Materials, HTML Web-based Module
- iLearn of UITM Profile: leadership, staff, program, and about the students, the learning models, and delivery system
- The printed learning materials development process
- e-Content development
- Server administration
- Warm welcome info by Dr. Richard and staff
- The Learning Center's profile: program, vision, mission, staff, and success story
- Visit 2 Learning Centers of OUM in Perak
- Learning facilities and support system: computer lab, library, classroom, internet connection, modules, registration, tutorial, and examination
- Prof Dr Anuar Ali for his warm welcome, support and advices for my study at OUM.
- Prof Abtar Kaur to spent her one month on facilitating and managing all of Pratical Program in OUM
- Ibu Datin who provide very well and professional for my study visits
- Dr Richard for my visit program in Perak and provide a lot of experiences on academic, culture, and Perak delicious "food".
- Mr Idzir, the OUM PR staff, for his support on my study visits.